Mission

Mission

Children need to feel secure. When there are natural disasters or other traumatic events that occur in a child's life, it helps him to have an anchor to hold on to. This blog is an effort to collect new, handmade, child-sized and baby-sized charity quilts to distribute to displaced or traumatized children of Tuscaloosa County and Jefferson County, Alabama.

Friday, May 6, 2011

Update

I wanted to let you know how much I appreciate all the good thoughts and prayers everyone has sent our way. It has been a little over a week since the storms. Things are shifting from survival mode to recovery made.

I have received several commitments for quilts for the kids. I am working to identify kids in two of the effected communities for the first round of gifting. Please let me know when you send a quilt so I can monitor the mail for it. I need to have a timeline to set up meetings in the community. I will confirm receipt of the quilts on this end.

Thanks again.

2 comments:

  1. Hey - my term paper slammed me, but I managed to get all 3 pink & purple flower quilts quilted. Will work on binding tonight and try to get their totes thrown together tomorrow morning before the p.o. closes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's great. Don't forget the animal. Can't wait to see them. Let me know when you send them so I can keep an eye out.

    ReplyDelete