Mission

Mission

Children need to feel secure. When there are natural disasters or other traumatic events that occur in a child's life, it helps him to have an anchor to hold on to. This blog is an effort to collect new, handmade, child-sized and baby-sized charity quilts to distribute to displaced or traumatized children of Tuscaloosa County and Jefferson County, Alabama.

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Lordy, Lordy, it's gonna be 40!!!

I looked at the weather forecast this morning and is going down into the 40's this week! Alabama weather is crazy. April (and sometimes May) is a month of all 4 seasons here. It is rainy and cool today and will be 43 tonight.

Several people have asked about how the Bama Bound quilts will be distributed. I plan to directly distribute as many of them to affected families as possible. I have several social services and law enforcement contacts to help me identify those in need. I also have church and children's charity contacts that are trustworthy. I personally want to make sure, to the best of my ability, that all the donations make it into the arms of the children of Tuscaloosa County, Jefferson County and surrounding tornado damaged areas.

4 comments:

  1. Do you have a specific date that you need these by?

    ReplyDelete
  2. No specific date. I know that it will take a little while to make one if you do not have a charity quilt already made. I am making one from the scratch. Just send it as soon as you can. I am aiming for in the next couple of weeks for mine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. tomorrow it's supposed to be 100 here in Arizona! sheesh!
    i have your blog posted today on my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great! I.finished one last night and plan to do several more In the next couple weeks. I will mail them all together.

    ReplyDelete